Discuss Scam? Blue Light Magazine? anyone heard of them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,
I had a letter about a month ago.
In it was an glossy add with my business details and a note to say that this is my approved add for BLUE LIGHT magazine and if there are any faults I should call as soon as possible. Ammendmants are FREE.

Well thanks but i hadn't even heard off them, let alone orded a add!!! SO i thought it's a 'scam' but i put it to one side anyway.

A few days later a young woman called me to 'confirm' my add. I told her that I hadn't orderd it!! Oh she said, she'd have to check and call me back. She never did. SO..
Thursday I got the BLUE LIGHT magazine with 'my' add in and an invoice of £210!!
So now I'm starting to feel slightly crazy.. did i? nah i definately didn't... but the invoice?
..... seriously tho'.. a bit worried that it's going to get me into trouble. I dunno bad credit or legal junk or ....i know ididn't do anything!!..... still nagging worry:furious3:

Ok found a bit more about it.. on here .. didn't come up in first search...
aaaahhhh i'm such a ...
whew not worried anymore and i'm going to report it as attempted fraud... grrr

OMGosh found lots of stuff about how this lot SIGMA have been scamming up n down the country for ages....

Report the scamming scum bags to Trading Standards and let them deal with them.

I would be tempted to send them a cheque and bounce it and string the buggers along and have a laugh at their expense.

Ah, I knew the name sounded familiar. I've had them phone me claiming to be representing the police and the fire service. They seemed a little upset when I kept saying they were a scam, he was a lying scumbag. I reported them to the TPS but they said they couldn't do anything to stop them.

I had then ring me the day my name showed up on the Gas Safe site. I strung them along for a few hours before telling them to fornicate off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam? Blue Light Magazine? anyone heard of them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock