Search the forum,

Discuss Scale Dispenser. Anyone seen this one? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Anyone have any idea where you can order cartridges for this scale dispenser?

Jackson Scale Dispenser GB Reg 845496 See attached pics.

Can't find any reference to it anywhere.

Thanks

Attachments

• scaledispenser.png
    1,014 KB · Views: 20
Says examine after 6 months, would this be it's first ever change / examine ???
It would be interesting to see the cartridge.
But I also suspect it'll be a case of removing and replace or eliminate the whole thing.

Says examine after 6 months, would this be it's first ever change / examine ???
It would be interesting to see the cartridge.
But I also suspect it'll be a case of removing and replace or eliminate the whole thing.
I fear you may be right. But one can live in hope. First in 10 years she thinks. Totally unaware of the maintenance requirement. No water getting to the bathroom taps with a full tank. I was hoping for an empty tank and a stuck ball cock. Not the usual way round I know but it wasn't the case. I have two suspects. The gate valve, which won't move in either drection, and this. Elderly lady living alone. Been without hot water for 2 years. Got to get it sorted one way or another.

Looking at the start of the number for the patent, 5270** that dates back to the 1930's.
Presumably the unit isn't that old, possibly 1950's.
I've tried searching, hence the patent number info, but nothing shows like you said.

Looking at the start of the number for the patent, 5270** that dates back to the 1930's.
Presumably the unit isn't that old, possibly 1950's.
I've tried searching, hence the patent number info, but nothing shows like you said.
Looks like it's going to have to be a delete. While we are at it what's the verdict on bung vs drain the tank? Any thoughts?

Draining the tank might be a problem if she has had no hot water for two years. Any water coming out of the hot tap? If she has a bath shower mixer you could drain the tank through the cold? I worked on a job the other day. Someone had not taken out the old gate valve and fitted a new one below it. Which was not stopping the hot. I drained the tank. Took out both valves. The old one was only open 5mm max. No wonder the flow wasn't very good.

Draining the tank might be a problem if she has had no hot water for two years. Any water coming out of the hot tap? If she has a bath shower mixer you could drain the tank through the cold? I worked on a job the other day. Someone had not taken out the old gate valve and fitted a new one below it. Which was not stopping the hot. I drained the tank. Took out both valves. The old one was only open 5mm max. No wonder the flow wasn't very good.
Nothing coming out of both bath taps in the bathroom. There is a trickle coming from the basin taps. I can push a snake down to the gate so there's no obstruction that far. I'm going to replace the gate first. The scale dispenser I'll probably just remove the cartridge for now and convince her to let me replace it later or just delete it. It's going to be a garden hose drain job. I was thinking of a bung but that seems risky to me. But once I can rely on the gate to isolate the tank I can continue with the rest.

Reply to Scale Dispenser. Anyone seen this one? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I work for a company that makes silicone dispensers and we're running a small focus group in Hungerford (UK) on 14th June to get feedback on some new products. If you have any tips on how to find local plumbers who can help, that would be great. We're offering free lunch and a free cordless...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to find an alternative flush valve to fit the cradle of a ideal standard push btn flush. It is all tiled in and changing to a Siamp or fluidmaster is not an option anyone have any ideas Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
C
Hi there, I have a bath tap that is not producing hot water. Can anyone identify the mixer valve shown in the attached images? It does not look like anything I can find online. I have tried soaking the valve 'cartridge' in vinegar, which removed a lot of scale. If I constrict the cold water...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible for the 15mm nut and olive to attach to take the radiator valve. As you can see they are installed before nut and olive. I've ordered a black towel...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock