Discuss saunier duval !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dboi78

sorry for swearing in the title, went to a service today it was a thermaclassic f30e first thing i noticed pressure virtually on zero so topped it up and water poured out of what i assume was the nrv i looked and there was a opening wich looked as though it should have had a nut or cap at some point, am i doing something really stupid or does it need a new non return valve ??

Could you explain a bit more dboi78 .. I know what a nrv is but can't associate it with something fitted to a boiler? :)

Is the NRV on th filling loop?

I've never worked on the boiler you talk about but is brings to mind straight away the ridiculous contraption Alpha put on some of their boilers! To conform to regs they had to have an 'air' gap so concocted this ridiculous piece of kit that just doesn't work!!!

Why not fit an external loop if you can and forget the internal one?

I'm not certain on this particular model but the last s-d I remember looking at had a rpz valve on the fill loop (similar to the glow worm 30cx) and they do have a habit of sticking and are quite expensive, fill loop below is the best bet, though in a pinch you can strip and free them off in order to get the boiler running again.

I'm not certain on this particular model but the last s-d I remember looking at had a rpz valve on the fill loop (similar to the glow worm 30cx) and they do have a habit of sticking and are quite expensive, fill loop below is the best bet, though in a pinch you can strip and free them off in order to get the boiler running again.

Is that the one with the blue knurled knob underneath? maybe I'm getting models mixed up and it was the glow worm that brought this idea out? :)

Yeah and the glowworm ones like to leak after topping up with that.

Thats the one (if my memory is working) they are both part of the Vailant group so I supose share the same parts bin.

i changed on on gw boiler as nrv was stuck , did try to free it but when putting it together i snapped it , customer paid for new one as i said to them that i can not be hold responsible should it go wrong before i stripped it . they were like £65

Is that the one with the blue knurled knob underneath? maybe I'm getting models mixed up and it was the glow worm that brought this idea out? :)
yeah that one the water just puoring out of a hole as it enters into the return im assuming its a non return valve but not sure as cust didnt have mi's to hand, but just wondering what the hole is for and if it should of had a cap or nut at some point ?

yeah that one the water just puoring out of a hole as it enters into the return im assuming its a non return valve but not sure as cust didnt have mi's to hand, but just wondering what the hole is for and if it should of had a cap or nut at some point ?

Its a reduced pressure zone valve (RPZ) is fitted instead of a removable link, its suposed to dump out of the hole instead of allowing a backflow. But they are in this particular case (and that of glow worm) rubbish, and expensive rubbish at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to saunier duval !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock