Search the forum,

Discuss Santon Premier Plus Unvented Hot Water System PP120E - Confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter3160125

Hi,

I apologise in advance for my lack on understanding.....

I have just moved into a flat that has a Santon Premier Plus Unvented Hot Water System Model PP120E installed. Which i understand to heat the water and store the hot water based on whatever temperature i have the thermostats on? The top one is the boost thermostat and the bottom one is the general thermostat. They are labelled 1-5 (1 being the coldest).

I cannot see a temperature gauge or a pressure gauge on my system so a lot of what i am doing is based on trail and error. The boost function works perfectly to heat the water to a very hot temperature when but then the thermal cut out on that thermostat clicks, obviously stopping the water from getting any hotter.

Now my problem is around general hot water (not using the boost function).

I will add images to show what i am about to explain.
1) I have 2 wall switches which seem to control the boost and the normal thermostat?
2) I have a timer that controls the wall heaters in my flat and should tell the water system to heat the water?

Now here lies problem.

I have left the timer on for a few hours, the wall switch for the boost is off and the wall switch for the general thermostat is on. If the wall switch for the boost thermostat is off does that mean that the general thermostat cannot work? do they run in a series were one thermostat being switched off disables the other?

If i switch both wall switches on then the boost function thermal cut of switch engages so i have to manually click that back in each day.

I dont understand what the normal set up is for the system, do both wall switches need to be on, does the timer on the programmer need to be on for longer than a few hours a day? what number do the thermostats have to be on? should there be a pressure gauge?

I am not on economy 7 tariff either so that rules that one out.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated because i just cannot seem to get my head round it at all

thanks

Peter

normally lower one is on economy 7 to heat cyl overnight and top switched on to give you hw during the day if it runs out.

by turning the temp contols up to much you will be causing the oveheat stats to pop out, ie they are set too high and you shouldnt have to be resetting overheat stats daily. or something is broken, and you cant repair unvented cyls legally so best to get yourself a g3 qualified plumber to check it over and set it up saftely and then you can leave things alone and all should work ok,

if it is a direct unvented cyl on 2 immersions you need to get on economy 7 to make it work economically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon Premier Plus Unvented Hot Water System PP120E - Confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock