Discuss Safety relief valve pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johntea

Can I run the ‘safety relief valve’ copper discharge pipe into the plastic condencesate drain pipe?
The boiler is a ‘Ideal - isar

The end of the safety relief valve pipework needs to be visible to be able to tell if the valve is releasing water. If you were to tee it into the condense then a tundish needs to be fitted inside in a visible place. If the condense pipe is run into the soil stack a self sealing waste valve needs to be fitted between the stack and the tundish. Personally I'd just stick with leaving it through the wall. Why do you need to alter it?

Thanks, but the existing pipe runs into a bucket under the boiler which apparently is not acceptable, which I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Safety relief valve pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I replaced the Pressure and Temperature relief valve on my MegaFlo CL300 (I had thought it was dripping but it turns out the overflow drip...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock