Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sad techie question....To use business website on Forum signature for SEO?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi, like a few on here I've not been as busy as I want (and need) to be. So in my free time, I've been doing some DIY Search engine Optimisation (SEO) to try and get my website visible, ideally on page 1 of Google for free. I'm getting there, page 1 on some searches;), as low as page 7 for others:(.

One way is to have your website refered to elsewhere - eg on here?! I've noticed some on here doing it. Do you find it helps with Google rankings?

My concern is if a customer found a link to here and me asking a question about a job and looking stupid!

What do people think - have you tried it?

In the past I've given an example of something with a link to my website and a few people then follow the link. Just the process keeps my Google rankings up.

The best way is to have a long lasting website so the first few weeks and months you'll be lower down the ratings. If you look at the FTSE 100 companies they're always at the top as they're well established names and trading companies so will always come higher than one man band businesses.

Google is becoming more and more clever as time passes though and many of the old tricks simply don't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sad techie question....To use business website on Forum signature for SEO?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Thanks for accepting me. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help? I'm 36 years old, last year I completed my level 2 City and...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a directory but it will come with some awesome...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock