Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss rubbish tools you bought on a wim in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went in my mums shed last night and could not stop laughing at the rubbish I used to buy as an apprentice! I remember thinking that will come in handy!

One of them floor board lifters

imagejpeg

I love my floorboard lifter. A wonder bar I think it's called. Great tool.

the "cut anything" wire with a handle at each end.
mislaid it before I even had the chance to use it.:nonod:

Rothenberg self adjusting grips. Pysh. I launched them out a back door after 20 minutes.

The set of basin monoblock spanners that I bought which came without a 10mm one. First time I went to use the set it was a tap with a 10mm nut. Had to go out and buy another set. Was a Rothenberger set as well. They do two sets one with two box spanners and one with three.

Also the 1 1/4 plasticut plastic pipe cutter that I bought. tried it once and went back to my pipe shears.

Fugenboy silicone finisher, rubbish, went back to my finger and spray of soapy water. Agree with Mountainman about the plasticut, I have the 11/2 version and you need arms like a weight lifter to get it to turn.

My blow up sheep.....didn't want to cuddle:sad:

My de burring tool, never used it just use a file its quicker

I bought some roll cutters of eBay when I first started college, and no matter how much you turn them they won't cut deep enough to actually cut a piece if pipe! Lol no wonder they were so much cheaper than the monument/rothenberger ones!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vwfnxs

A weird tool for doing up backnuts on toilet seats. Made from plastic. Totally pointless.

Oh, my chisels, don't know why I ever bothered with them, I always end up using the nearest screw driver.....

Bought a small bender that just does 15mm, but all it really does is 15mm plastic coated.

One of those ladder tie bands, bright green and use less.

Bought a set of ladder clamps for the roof rack.

They're in the shed. I still put my ladders on with very big cable ties and cut them off when I need the ladders. Which is rare. Most of the time I use the 'hop up' in the back of the van.

Used the clamps once and it was a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rubbish tools you bought on a wim in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock