Search the forum,

Discuss Route to NVQ 3 with a difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, after 9 years in the trade (Self employed for 5 of them) i decided its probably time to get the nvq level 3.

currently i hold my C&G 6129 level 2, ACS, CCN1 and appliances, meters, unvented, part L, Flue gas analysis, LPG, Boats Caravans and probably done every boiler manufacturer course going

I have been gas safe registered for the past 4 years

But its always bugged me that i never got round to doing my NVQ 3,

its been so long i simply have no idea which courses i should bother to do, is it still worth me doing the NVQ 3 and if so what courses would i need to complete to get me there??

Cheers guys,

its not really about earning any extra money. i have a great customer base now, i just want to do it for personal development / sense of self worth etc

Yeah, been GSR for almost 5 years, got to do the resit next year.

This would be like Alan Sugar deciding he wants to go back & re-do his gcse's.... I can't see any point at all... You have made a successful job of your business & have the client base to prove it, nvq l3 ain't gonna change much...

But Allan sugar can't spell,he's at the top of his game and might just fancy some learning I think your not working hard enough if you have time to think about nvq.

I would consider adding extra technologies to your belt, or conisder getting green deal certified as an installer, - you'll learn some, and also add opportunities for your business.

I add new skills and certifications each year because a) I enjoy learning and b) it helps my business.

I am also a chartered engineer, and have a cpd program.

The moment you stop learning you start to die :) ALso it acts as a check as the the way you have done things in the past.

Just because you've done them that way for 5, 10, 15 years, doesn't- mean they are the right way to do them :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Route to NVQ 3 with a difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock