Discuss Rothenberger Water Pressure Gauge 0-10 bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have recently purchased one of these for measuring mains pressure in properties to determine if it is suitable for certain types of appliances. It is advertised as "fits onto most conventional 1/2 and 3/4 taps", but the rubber connection with jubilee clip doesnt seem to want to fit onto anything! Does anyone have one of these, will they only go onto certain taps? Do you need adapters for others. Thanks.

61uObhSE8QL._AA1500_.jpg

on ly goes on what it fits, remeber all the old taps years ago were nice small bore and fitted those hose clips. then we got all modern with flow limiters! Buy one with a standard garden tap sized screw on it, bout 10-15 pounds, and some garden hose adaptors as well, they dont tend to blow off when you turn the taps on

Mine screws onto a washing machine valve. Think I got it from screw fix a few years ago.

I have this another thing to watch out for is the reviver blowing out if the pressure is to high :(

Have recently purchased one of these for measuring mains pressure in properties to determine if it is suitable for certain types of appliances. It is advertised as "fits onto most conventional 1/2 and 3/4 taps", but the rubber connection with jubilee clip doesnt seem to want to fit onto anything! Does anyone have one of these, will they only go onto certain taps? Do you need adapters for others. Thanks.

View attachment 10370

The pressure gauge you have splits at the brass section so you use this on threads on out side taps and washing machines.then if you use the rubber part with the jubilee clip that is for connecting on to taps.i just use the £12 one from Plumbfix and make up adapters to suit.

Got the Monument one which screws onto the w/m valve myself and trying to figure out how to make a connection for it so it can go over taps too. Any ideas?

Got the Monument one which screws onto the w/m valve myself and trying to figure out how to make a connection for it so it can go over taps too. Any ideas?

Standard hose to tap connecter short bit of hose fit washing machine tap on end.and lots of other ways.

3/4 male to 15mm compression put a bit copper on end get a hose that will fit over most taps/15mm pipe use jubilee clips...

just a thought probs wont be good if its high pressure

With that pressure gauge on a wash machine valve (which sometimes have check valves) will only read a standing pressure not working. You need to be able to test while running a tap for a working pressure.

Thanks people, I wasnt aware it split, the taps nowadays are bulkier, lots of ways to connect on to them though agreed, you can get them clamp things that look like a trv head for going onto mixer taps cant you, that will conert it to a hose, then just go from there i s'pose, lots of different ways though i guess

This is what I use. It has the rubber thing but I have never used it. I use a push fit fitting and have a number of other adapters - never trusted rubber after the incident. Monument do a standalone one for a 3/4 bsp fitting washing machine or outside tap if you just want a quick check .

Monument Wet and Dry Test Kit - MON1514R

This is what I use. It has the rubber thing but I have never used it. I use a push fit fitting and have a number of other adapters - never trusted rubber after the incident. Monument do a standalone one for a 3/4 bsp fitting washing machine or outside tap if you just want a quick check .

Monument Wet and Dry Test Kit - MON1514R
£270? Pffft I'll add that to the bottom of my 'tools to get' list.

£270? Pffft I'll add that to the bottom of my 'tools to get' list.

It was cheaper when I bought it, this was just the first link I found :teeth_smile: Totally OT for occasional use....which is what I use it for.....bu**er

This is the only bit you need......

Monument Dry Pressure Test Kit | NoLinkingToThis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger Water Pressure Gauge 0-10 bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock