Discuss Room stat nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hello all,

just a qick one, are you considering Nest as a good room stat? Is the price worth buying it ? Just seen it few months ago and wanted to know what's your opinion about this particular product.

if not what's the alternative, what sort of stats you recommend or love to install based on your experience ?

Thanks for giving your opinion.

matchless.

Have had one for a year. Great piece of kit and actually learns your lifestyle (when you turn the heating up and down). Does everything it says on the box.
I asked a couple of local plumbers about installing one and they both replied that they did not know a lot about them but "would have a go at fitting one".
I contacted the Nest authorised installers who installed the kit in 30 minutes and gave me a good briefing on setting it up and how to use it. Well pleased that they knew what they were doing and money well spent.

Ask yourself why you want to buy one?

If it is for the remote access then they're are products from the traditional controls manufacturers that offer this.

If it for the intelligence then that element doesn't work well and can be hard to reset if things go wrong. See this Nest review.

If it is because it looks great and it will impress your friends then I have to say that it wins hands down.

Better systems on market if want to go down that road.
After playing with some of these systems I found Hive was easiest to use. It is a well thought out bit of kit.

Nest is good for a basic stat as far as controls go.

They all have pros and cons, we offer a wide range of them and I wouldn't like to say one is better than the other when you consider all things.

Ask yourself why you want to buy one?

If it is for the remote access then they're are products from the traditional controls manufacturers that offer this.

If it for the intelligence then that element doesn't work well and can be hard to reset if things go wrong. See this Nest review.

If it is because it looks great and it will impress your friends then I have to say that it wins hands down.

That review is just stupid... The guy needs to learn how to use his nest thermostat!

Thx a lot for all your opinions and comments.

It's not just the look , it's about the efficiency rather than having something which looks good and sets it self up on your personality.

I just were curious what other engineers think about this particular product. There are always pros and cons for each item , each product. If there was a product which could give 100% without any fault than everybody would buy it.

But that's technic , it's normal to have some ad and disadvantages. The more technic you have got the harder it is to set it right up, you also will have a lot of hassle when something goes down same as cars.

it only does on/off switching, doesn't modulate burner, not very efficient

Boiler might not have open therm though so it's horses for courses. It's an advanced simple switching thermostat. I've got one in my house and fitted quite a few and never had a problem with it. For the end user it's very easy to use and looks after itself.

Also used tado, evohome and quite a few others. As said, all have pros and cons!

Boiler might not have open therm though so it's horses for courses. It's an advanced simple switching thermostat. I've got one in my house and fitted quite a few and never had a problem with it. For the end user it's very easy to use and looks after itself.

Also used tado, evohome and quite a few others. As said, all have pros and cons!
not efficient but agree with what you're saying

Efficient in as far as it manages how often your heating is scheduled to be On for. But yes, there are more advanced systems about. It's all about how much ÂŁÂŁ you want to spend!

Again I'd like to thank all engineers here.:party:

What would be or is a good alternative which is for the customer easy to use and works great with the system ?

it only does on/off switching, doesn't modulate burner, not very efficient

I keep telling my customers this. Best to go with manufacturers units if they modulate boiler. Fitted a fee nest and not a fan. I like to make heating decisions not leave it to a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room stat nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock