Discuss Riello RDB burner lockout (Firebird combi) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

You are very true a little understanding is a lot more dangerous. I'm sensible though if it's not the cap or other easily changeable device I will leave it to a pro. I would never mess with anything that has the potential to mess up the afr ratio or something like that and rich it out soot up the flues and gas my family out or lean it out and melt the boiler and blow them up! I have a good understanding of physics/electronics and know my own limits.

Hello Steve,
Afraid I have to agree with the above posts and say it could be a number of things and really should have a full service including a check on condition of the mechanical parts.
Replacing a capacitor with identical type for anyone competent enough is perhaps worth a try.
But there might be something else causing that to fail, or some other part altogether. The motor or oil pump but that requires analyser set up.

You are very true a little understanding is a lot more dangerous. I'm sensible though if it's not the cap or other easily changeable device I will leave it to a pro. I would never mess with anything that has the potential to mess up the afr ratio or something like that and rich it out soot up the flues and gas my family out or lean it out and melt the boiler and blow them up! I have a good understanding of physics/electronics and know my own limits.
Doesn't matter what understanding you have. I'd you don't do it for a living then leave it alone.

We could help you locate the offending part but once that part has been changed then the burner needs to be set up properly, using a flue gas analyser etc. That is to ensure both running efficiently but by no means least safely. Remember what I've said, call an engineer out and tell him the above.

Edit as only just seen above post. Do not increase the capacitance value of cap. This can cause the motor winding to burn out, amongst other problems

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be patronising or clever. At the end of the day it's a combustion appliance, if not looked after properly they can kill.

Reply to Riello RDB burner lockout (Firebird combi) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello alll, I have a firebird combi oil burner with the riello burner rdb in. It was working perfect up untill yesterday where it's going...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a firebird enviromax combi boiler. each time it turns off the motor on the riello burner keeps running for a while then the whole thing...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, calling on your wisdom do a slightly unusual scenario that someone may she light on, I’m sure it is one of the usual suspects..typical...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock