Search the forum,

Discuss rhino ladder clamps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i normally use the standard screwdown ladder clamps, like these ladder clamps.png

there ok, but there not perfect,

anyone got these Rhino Products SafeClamp - YouTube

I've got a set and I think they're brilliant. Holds my 3m triple perfectly. The locks can be a bit awkward though

I've got a set and I think they're brilliant. Holds my 3m triple perfectly. The locks can be a bit awkward though

i was a bit concerned that there partly made out off 'composite materials', thats plastic to you and me
are they as strong as metal ladder clamps. i'm not too bothered about the locks, as probably not gonna lock them anyway.

They feel strong. When I first got them I loaded my ladder on the van and rocked them as hard as I could and they didnt move at all. They're fairly heavy duty, worth the money imo

Good morning, and thanks for the positive words above!

We’d like to give some reassurance over the materials used and the testing we perform to ensure the strength of SafeClamp, if we may?

The composite material used in the main beam is glass fibre reinforced nylon. The design has been optimized using 3D CAD stress analysis software. We have tested this beam against a conventional steel cross beam on our destruct test rig, and whilst the steel beam collapsed at around 500Kg load, the SafeClamp’s composite beam took around 1300Kg loaded in the same configuration.

Again, thanks for the compliments; hope this information is helpful.

Kevin - Rhino Products Limited

i have 3 sets of the standered screw down ones 1 for my tripple 14's and one for my 16/13 split cat ladder and the other set i use for securing stud work and soil pipe and not really sure if i would trust the rhino ones for that might just be me but i trust something i screw till its tight rather than a lever thats just taking up the slack.

not tried or seen the rhino ones but have a few sets of the metal screwed ones and think most are poor, imo a bad idea to rely on them alone and i strap my ladders for backup. the clamps can come away quite easy with a stiff blow and the stupid designed round end why not squared up for better security.

RhinoproductsUK

How about a group deal price to get us interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rhino ladder clamps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock