Discuss Revive my Rusty bacho spanner :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ive got a bacho spanner, as show in the picture below. and the part doesnt fully open it gets stuck stiff ( around the 20cm mark think rusty). I was thinking about putting some WD-40 on it, but does anybody recommend anything else too just wanted to hear a 2nd opinion.

2hqukbm.jpg

WD40 will ease it or better, strip it down and clean it and oil it with 3 in 1.
There is a screw underneath, remove that and the winder will push out allowing the jaw to drop right out.

If its bad get a mate who works in a garage to take into work and use there cleaning machine then wd40 it

Or buy another one to use on cleaner jobs and keep this one for the grotty stuff?

Not sure you can have too many of these things.

Or soak it in oxalic acid which will remove every speck of rust.

if all else fails you can buy new jaws and winders but as tamz said just strip it down and clean it

As Tamz says, strip it down but do as I do and use a silicone spray after oiling it as this repels water which causes corrosion and caused it to stick in the first place. Silicone spray keeps all your tools that come in contact with water in great nick. Just don't inhale the spray mist though or you might end up with rubberised lungs! LOL

Strip and clean I normally do it every few months when I have a bit of kero hanging around.

buy the chrome ones and you will not need to strip and clean them more than once a year, my 8" and 8" chrome wide jaw have never been striped and oiled and they are 4-5 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Revive my Rusty bacho spanner :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock