Discuss Replacing Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leslie50

Hi am about to remove existing low level toilet,and replace with a close coupling , the waste goes into the floor,the existing toilet is cemented into the soil pipe,but can not see whats underneath , is it just a case of breaking into the cement , or use a angle grinder, am concerned that i damage the pipe that goes into the floor,as I said not sure whats there or if its cast iron or clay ect.
Thanks
Leslie

is the toilet upstairs or downstairs. if its upstair then that generally means major surgery. if its downstairs then see if theres room to alter the pipework below the floor. (Thats if your wanting the cistern against the wall. the easier option for a diyer is fit it to the drain as is and build a frame arount the back of the cistern). grind though the saltglazed pipe, fit rubber drain adaptor, 2No 45 degree bends and a bit of pipe through the floor to the new drain position, patch the floor up and your away. EASY!!!!!!LOL, not

I agree with missplumb. Though it is suprising how much punishment the soil pipe underneath the surround will take, when you are chipping away at the concrete on the surface.

Thanks for your reply,the toilet is downstairs, and it is a solid floor,I was thinking of building a frame behind the system,has it wont go flush against the wall, so I feel that I am on the right wave length .
Regards

got hold of a swan neck soil connector this will enable the toilet to be a bit closer to the wall. you will still have to build out but not as much.

steves right, get a "question mark" multikwik and it will get you back and extra inch maybe but ive generally found its the bottom of the pan hitting the drain thats the problem not so much the bent multikwick. if its solid floor downstairs then its a major job to start altering the drains, stick with building a box behind it, or get a low level hideaway cistern and back-to-wall pan and make a feature of it that way

Last edited:
i agree missp often the back of the pan gets in the way although you can get different pans sometimes with space at the back for this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock