Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Remeha Avanta Plus 39C wireless receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MightySerpent

Hi all - new member home owner here

My Remeha Rematic RF room stat has a failed mechanical clock. The unit still talks to my Remeha Avanta Plus 39C - manually setting it to thermostat only mode works fine but I'd like to have it on timer again too.

As it is mechanical it has always had a healthy appetite for batteries so I wanted an all electronic replacement.

I got hold of an Optimum OP-Duostat BM from Heating Controls Online as it stated the unit and boiler were compatible and I could see the receiver was the same design as my existing one and so should fit the boiler.

I was hoping for a drop-in fit but of course it doesn't look like it is as the connectors seem to be arranged in a different order.

I have tried pairing the new room stat with the existing receiver but they don't seem interested in one another.

This is a picture of the old and new receivers, the old one is still installed. As you can see they are similar but with different functions for the pins - even I can see the live and neutral are reversed.
OldAndNewReceivers.jpg

This is the plug block the existing receiver is connected to. So you can see which wire goes where.
RemehaPlugBlock.jpg

This is the diagram in the Remeha manual for the above plug block
RemehaPlugBlockDiag.jpg

Finally this is the diagram supplied with the new receiver
NewReceiverDiag.jpg

So I'd like to know what I have to do to get the new receiver in place with DHW on demand only but with CH controlled by the roomstat and it's clock.

I am not scared of running new wires and I'm aware of the need for electrical safety!

Any advice much appreciated, further pics supplied on request. Ta!

If you’re not Gas safe then you shouldn’t really be removing the cover. Sorry, you can’t be 100% that any combustion seal is replaced correctly

Got it, 100% understand why I should be reminded of that

So what steps will the appropriate engineer do to solve the problem?

Can you provide any detail? I'd welcome a theoretical discussion.

For example, is the theory behind such things not available before the practical application?

I’m not sure what you want me to tell you. You need an item wiring to your boiler which is inside the boiler. You need a gas engineer that is competent in wiring to install it then put the boiler back together safely

Thread closed reason please read the above comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Remeha Avanta Plus 39C wireless receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock