Search the forum,

Discuss replacing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nlp67

Hi, chaps a very good friend of mine needs a combi boiler replaced,although l could do it, not being gas safe l won't dare touch.Could anyone give me a rough price for labour only as he has already bought his glow worm boiler, and he's in the croydon area!:confused:

NLP do you think you could fit a boiler on your knowledge? i was reading a thread a second ago about you asking for passover advice and that your in college? and now i just read "although i could do it" now im not sure if your wanting advice on you pricing it as a job for your friend or that you really just want a guide price to tell him what he should be paying someone qualified to do the job.

however i will give you the benefit of the doubt.....

what do you want a price on a straight swap mate without looking at it, isnt easy - but say the gas pipe sizing correct and condense could be run within 2 metres - then 350 with a normal flush - 550 with a power flush. does that help - obviously i cant come to croyden but perhaps that will give you an idea (maybe add 10-20% for laaandon prices)

hope that helps - but please dont try to install it if your not competant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou for that.The point l was trying to make was that could work out how things would go, but wouldn't attempt it as 1\ l dont have the experience and 2\ l'm not qualified as gas safe.
Please don't be so judgemental as l was only asking for some advice for a good friend of mine, l mean this is a forum?

just careful matey - that im not giving advice on something that will encourage them to break the law. hence giving a price which would maybe encourage an illegal fitter to go ahead with the work - yes it is a forum - which is why we have to be extra careful as a lot of people are reading it.

i think your reffering to 'aiding and abetting'. by default.

a good reason to be cautious.imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock