Discuss Replacement Ceramic Cartridge. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

canonpyon

I am trying to get a replacement (hot) ceramic valve for a Matrix Bath Shower Mixer tap - purchased from Victoria Plumb 2 years ago.

Victoria Plumb cannot supply me with one as the specification of the tap has changed since I purchased. The design and external dimensions are the same but apparently the cartridge now fitted is 3/4" - and mine is 1/2".

I have taken it around all the local stockists but nobody can match it.

Can anybody tell me who is the manufacturer of these Matrix taps? It seems sensible to try and contact them, but for some peculiar reason Victoria Plumb will not tell me who manufactures them!

Alternatively, can anyone suggest a likely source for the cartridge?

I have photographed the cartridge and measured what seem to be the important dimensions and could forward this to anyone who could help.

Thanks.

A picture would be good,you should be able to get cartridges that fit into body ok however the spindle requires matching to be able to fit existing heads

Maybe remove cartridge and take to a plumbers merchant or think b&q stoke a couple of the main types

There is a rule that if you manufacture something you have to provide spare parts for that item for so many years,forget length of time but more than 2 years,think your supplier is just being lazy or you spoke to someone who has no idea,(a lot of them about now)and as they are still suppling product,could still supply replacement you require even if now different size,

Another thought is basin taps from this range will be 1/2'',maybe they will fit

imho

i would agree, i bet the basin tap valves fit

The tap has not lasted a reasonable length of time IMHO so i would march back into vicroia plumb and moan until they help you

I know its a long shot but what about shower doctor? Just google it.

Thanks to everyone replying with very helpful suggestions. The basin tap was a good idea, but the only one in that Matrix range is a single swivel / lift mixer tap.

I wish I had found the Lunns site earlier!

I found an exact match on a Chinese web site at only 10 US cents! Unfortunately there was a minimum order quantity of 20,000 - so I gave up on that!

Yesterday I tried the rest of the local stockists and in the last and smallest and least likely I found a catridge that has fitted precisely.

Thanks again. This is a very helpful community.

Try google next time you need a quarter turn replacement valve. They have a bigger range than anyone else and give fast delivery.

Do you work for them?

i would say anybody who joins a forum and pushes his own company with underhand posts is not to be trusted and makes me avoid any company they may be linked to.

its speaks volumes about poor service and a bad company.

Agree, it would have been better to come on and do an introduction and state that they are willing to help with any 'ceramic disc' issues.

Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this forum by any means such as reading, browsing, downloading, registering to, posting to, replying to, any part of this forum, you agree to the following terms and conditions (aka forum rules). If you do NOT agree to these terms, close all forums pages with immediate effect.
Rules for Sellers, Traders and others with a Commercial Interest

• No Advertising Allowed
  • No Market Research Allowed
  • No Private Message Selling Allowed

I have similar rules for my log cabin.....NO women allowed EVER....Pic's to follow hang on must do it now!!

Hi
I also have a faulty Matrix shower valve.
Can you tell me where he replacement valve was eventually purchased
Thanks

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Ceramic Cartridge. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock