Discuss Replaced CH programmer, but heating doesn't work in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have got a 25 year old Potterton Profile boiler, quite basic and very reliable, on a fully pumped system. It has worked happily with a Glow-worm Mastermind RWB2 programmer, but just recently the programmer occasionally misses a switch-off. So I thought I’d replace the programmer and bought a Siemens RWB29Si programmer. It’s meant to be a direct replacement, re-using the existing base plate, with no wiring connection changes necessary. However, when I fitted it, it did not work. The backlit panel illuminates, the digital clock works, but I can only get the CH & HW to work by pressing the +hrs buttons. It will not come on automatically when it’s programmed to, nor will it come on when pressing the advance button. So I’ve had to refit the old RWB2 and it’s working fine. (I am a retired electrician, and the wiring is okay and not been changed since the boiler was installed, so I don’t think it’s that.) Either the new programmer is faulty, or there is something simple I’m missing in the set up. Any ideas?

The old wiring matched up with the new wiring set up eg on the back of the old clocks ?

Have you set the DIP switches on the back of the new programmer, particularly switch 5?
Yes, I've set the DIP switches correctly (they were already correct). I'll give it another go tomorrow, in case there's a 'set' or 'start' button I've missed! It's permanently off as far as I can see.

Reply to Replaced CH programmer, but heating doesn't work in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question on flush pressure. When I press the bigger button, there's hardly a flush. I understand that's normal but it's a very...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
So, I had an old and disgusting Geberit dual flush that didn't work very well, so I decided to replace it. Cistern is 110.830.00.1, so got a...
Replies
Views
Back