Search the forum,

Discuss replace 68mm with 110mm? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

cdel2005

Banned
Hi everyone

Customer wants the downpipe and hopper replaced with soil pipe
can i cut downpipe just above ground an use a 68mm to 110mm converter
or should I dig down and replace gully with underground sweeping bend and connect to clay with adapter

not to sure with building control on this one.
1 pipe system

cheers

Last edited:
Current installation is via a back inlet gully, I take it?

I'm pretty sure reducing from 110 to 68 at low level will result in increased risk of blockages at that point, so, from that point of view, I think it would not strictly comply with the requirement to minimise the risk of blockage, though if there's a rodding eye just above the reduction, that might be good enough.

Any work on underground drains is notifiable work as far as Building Control is concerned, so get your money's worth and ask them the questions. In my experience, they are generally delighted when people ask questions rather than just go ahead and do it wrong (and I've even known them say 'technically that's notifiable, but we aren't really interested if all you are doing is x').

I take it what you mean by '1 pipe system' is you have is a combined drainage system? In which case, no you can't remove the gully as you need to separate the smelly foul sewer from the rainwater pipe, which is surface water: that's why the gully was put there in the first place.

But I have to ask: why? Does the customer like the look of soil pipe, or are you working on Buckingham Palace?

Last edited:

Reply to replace 68mm with 110mm? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been researching as much as I can and think have a good gist about recommended waste pipe sizes, types of bends etc so now just looking to fit the most efficient system (but also looking to minimise drilling through stone work). Essentially the old setup had the shower and bath running...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
hi from Croatia One crazy plumber make many 90° piping for toilets drainage. I need to correct because i am suspicious that this setup can work, especially F1/90T. One toilet is on second floor and must have 180 bend to vertical pipe. Now we have 1m 110mm pipe from toilet into 90° left, than 1m...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to avoid any gurgling and siphoning. And there is no pretty/accessible space for me to install AAV (maybe under the sink) so I'd like to try without it but...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the stud wall shown is the bathroom, with the toilet attached to the soil pipe bottom right and a small basin attached to the 32mm waste. The wall is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock