Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Removing shower waste plug clamped to shower tray base in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
The aluminium plastic cover keeps coming off as one of the plastic plugs on the shower base has snapped off. I would like to remove the base which is clamped onto the shower tray.
Please see photo. Does anyone know how I can get it off, I presume it unscrews anti clockwise
but I don't see anything to grip, other than the top which I think will break the plastic pegs.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6876.JPG
    IMG_6876.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 57
I'd try taking them screws out first,

But every shower trap I've ever fitted just screws together by holding the bottom and twisting the whole top part

I would try turning the outer ring to remove it.

It wont twist off, it will be those 2 screws that pull it all together and make the seal, like the wirquin vortex shower wastes

If you havn't got access underneath the tray then be careful as when you take those two screws out theres a good chance the trap part underneath will drop down from its own weight.

Hi Thanks for the advice, I've now managed to prise it off with the added bonus of nothing broken! Now off to the shop for a replacement. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing shower waste plug clamped to shower tray base in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock