Discuss Removing recessed aerator which has crumbled? No grooves for aerator keys! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - we came back after a few months to our flat and all taps in the flat have fine water pressure except one bathrooms.
I think the tap has become clogged up and i think it has a recessed aerator.
You will see in picture 1 and 2 (number in red in top left) - this is the tap and can see the setup. I could not see any grooves on this to work out how to remove like other aerators. I then tried to just use some pliers to twist it out and it just crumbled.
Inked20200613_101923_LI.jpg

20200613_101857 2_LI.jpg

In picture 3 is the actual problem tap. In this picture I have now removed the crumbled outer plastic (the dark grey stuff in picture 2)

Inked20200613_103330 3.jpg

However, I am now left with this white bit of plastic and not sure if the answer is to just literally poke it out but i dont want to do any damage.
I am after some help to get me back to normal where i just have a working tap.
Do i just literally use some pliers and force out the white bit of plastic as well?
Can you point to where i might get a replacement aerator?
Any advice on how i remove the last white plastic bit would be great and where i can then get a replacement.
Thanks so much
Jazz

The chrome ring unscrews to release the aerator and remaining restrictor / spreader.
It will be tight if it's never been out.

New fittings available, just need to work out the size,

Reply to Removing recessed aerator which has crumbled? No grooves for aerator keys! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, I've just purchased a portable washing machine and want to connect it to my kitchen tap. I know I'm going to need an adapter to connect it...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I’m looking at removing an aerator to install a filter on the tap in my bathroom. I’ve been trying with a sticky pad and pliers and it’s not...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Brand new to this forum so please be kind! Recently taken in a project to redo my ensuite and have thoroughly enjoyed the process of...
Replies
Views
Back