Discuss removing old soil pipe...tough ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: removing old soil pipe...tough ! Updated AGAIN with photo's

well, i just solvent welded my first pipe - and i must say it went quite well, gloves on, parts cleaned, glue on both, stick in, twist a tad...and BINGO.

all i can say is WOW, that solvent weld is good gear.... i presume thats the stuff kids put in plastic bags and sniff ??? pretty strong stuff ! I don't think they have really discovered that one but you can get a bit of a dunt off it if you use it for a wee while with the door shut:eek:

i'll leave it overnight, and re-assemble the unit in the morning, before christening it HMS poopalot.

Well done for having a go. You got there eventually :cool:

cheers mate.

give me a week, and look for the threat entitled : How to i plumb a whirlpool bath ? Because thats next. Then its VERY nearly project finished, just need to get the tiler in, and hey presto, 1 central heating system, 1 fancy bathroom...total cost...£3k saving....likely about 3k !

yeah, nobody sees the plumbing....

neat tiling will make my bathroom look great. poor tlling will make it look sh it

yeah, nobody sees the plumbing....

neat tiling will make my bathroom look great. poor tlling will make it look sh it

poor plumbing is worse I would say..... but you have managed to do a pretty good job anyway well done

Good idea to get a decent tiler in. Have a look at tilersforums and ask for a tiler in your area to get a good one. After that lot the whirlpool baths are a breeze. Just make sure you get your sparks to put the rcd in the right place!

Spark....

My entire fuseboard is protected by a 30ma RCD - and after some advice, i've utilised the mcb+feed from the old imersion heater( used to be in the bathroom ). As it happens, i have a spark mate who will check my wiring after it all...i'll be fitting a 6a pullcord switch in the roof for the whirlpool motor. everything is already earthed well, so not much to do. Besides, my mrs has a massive life insurance policy, so i'll "allow" her to use it before me !!! ;-)

as for tiler, the guy who will be doing the work, Though he doesnt know he got the job, was indeed a guy from tilersforum. Not only the cheapest, but a nice guy, got on well with my dog, gave me a flat £20/m2 rate, and then priced grout etc, and is happy to do the job over 3 days, rather than a rushed 2 days.

i haven't told him yet, but ts andy/the wright tiler

scott, you read my tilersforum posts !!
[DLMURL="http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/tiling-forum/38436-they-flat-enough-4.html#post391557"]Are they flat enough.... - Page 4[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to removing old soil pipe...tough ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
M
Hi, im in the middle of replacing a bathroom sink- I've noticed the seal in the strap-on tee piece in the vertical soil stack is leaking where...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock