Discuss Removing baxi bermyda 401 system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gill57

Hi ive had a new free boiler fitted as im on esa...a valiant eco 28 condenser boiler fittedby british gas. They removed two small black tanks and cylinder and capped everything off. They capped gas supply off to gas fire in lounge and sed it could no longer be used. I want to remove the gas fire and items in the fireplace and load logs toake it look like a log fire but it wont be used! Ive remved frint of gas fire and as much as i can...theres a plate and some grills that i cant seem to get out...everthings been capped off....how complicated is it to get rest of back boiler out...suggestions much appreciated thanks

:welcome: to the forum gill57 :)

Have you removed the fire all together? A picture tells a thousand words, by-the-way if you can upload one it'd be helpful?

Probably connected to flue liner. Lift front of bbu up with a crowbar and pull forward. Bruit force and ignorance. Check for asbestos containing materials first. Closure plates sometimes asbestos cement.

Top service and customer care from BG again? they don't give a ? ..... A good Private company would have removed the bbu and gas fire, trimmed back all the pipework for your requirements.

As it's a grant job there wouldn't have been any money in the pot for the removal of the old boiler. On Warmfront jobs we would quite often take the BBU out for the customer if we had time but the spec said that if the new boiler was in a different place the old boiler was left.

As it's a grant job there wouldn't have been any money in the pot for the removal of the old boiler. On Warmfront jobs we would quite often take the BBU out for the customer if we had time but the spec said that if the new boiler was in a different place the old boiler was left.

Don't make it right though, grant or no grant, bad work practice. To much of this going on these day's no one seems to give a ?

It was supposedly to make sure that the pool of money for grants went further by not spending money on stuff that was unnecessary. That was a farce as they were wasting money left right and centre.

It was supposedly to make sure that the pool of money for grants went further by not spending money on stuff that was unnecessary. That was a farce as they were wasting money left right and centre.
Unnecessary !! Like paying the engineer a decent rate for the job !
Got told about 2 guys working in Wales doing eco jobs;- Remove back boiler ,build in and plaster opening, remove cylinder & roof tanks, run new gas supply into airing cupboard, fit new combi, Price paid £120 per house between 2 men,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing baxi bermyda 401 system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock