Discuss Remove an ‘Edwardian’ shower diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Hoping you can help? The spindle has snapped on our diverter valve so presumably it needs to be changed. I’m struggling to get the old one out though...is it just brute force turning it anti-clockwise?
Driving me crazy?
Thanks
174817BD-15AC-461E-96AF-4116E3C9664B.jpeg

Yes I’m afraid it is.
If you have a socket set that might be easier, make the handle longer to get more leverage.
Or best is probably a nicely fitting ring spanner, don’t be afraid to hit down on the spanner with a hammer if necessary, or if you have another bar/box spanner you can use to make it a long handle you’ll be able to undo it with your pinkie!

I’ve got the fitting off, my problem, and yours too Aideen is the crank has snapped, where to get a new one , 3 plumbing shops in Geelong yesterday and no luck!

Reply to Remove an ‘Edwardian’ shower diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
I have a thermostatic concealed shower and would like to remove the thermostatic valve and look to clean any debris as it doesn't appear to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an Edwardian set of telephone taps on my bath and the crank in the shower diverter lever is snapped, it’s got a spline on the end to...
Replies
Views
I moved into a property recently and having problems with the shower in the main bathroom. The temperature's always too cold when the dial is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can anyone give any advice please? Our bathroom radiator won’t heat up. It’s a column radiator from Victorian Plumbing - only 2 years old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock