Discuss Relocating Toilet - Help Required See Pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilmslowwhite

My problem is that this flexi-connector is about 150-200mm short of the back of the pan. Is there anyway I can connect the WC to this flex connector? Joining another connector to this pan connector? Or is there a flexible pipe that I could attach?

This flexi-connector fully extends to 570mm but it still leaves me about 150 short.

The flexi is connected to a 92degree bend. There isn't enough room below the floor boards to add another 110 pipe to the bend. Half of the bend is covered by the tile which is why I've used the flexi. There isn't enough room to move the bend closer to the stack and then come up with a solid pipe as there are a number of CH pipes that would need moving.

The toilet is in position to be boxed in. I can't move it closer to the flexi as those pipes at the back of the picture will be boxed in.

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpg

As always your expertise will be greatly appreciated.

Can you fit a straight piece of 4" in the 92* bend to make the pan connector connect to the pan?

Thanks. I'd have to cut a section of the tile out to fit piece of straight pipe to the bend. It sounds like a solution depending on how much tile needs removing.

Would rather have the toilet not leaking than sacrificing some tiling :)

Yeah give yourself some extra, would be better if you took out the flexi pan connector as ive been to few jobs where the inside rims of those flexi connectors get blocked with paper, sanitry towels etc

What's the pipe in the corner of the room, is it the soil stack

sent from my annoying box

Not ideal but maybe if your stuck use a piece of straight connector and a pan connector but personally i would pipe up in soil pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
Flexis in plumbing are the work of the Devil, only one good place for them.

However you could use a straight pan connector plus extension to reach the flexi.
You'll need to allow a way of getting access thro the box to the bend on the flexi when it blocks.

And put some support under the joints to stop them pulling apart.

FloPlast Extension Piece SP104 | NoLinkingToThis (take the seal off and cut it down the other end if required.

Plus

FloPlast SP101 Straight Connector | NoLinkingToThis

Flexis in plumbing are the work of the Devil, only one good place for them.

However you could use a straight pan connector plus extension to reach the flexi.
You'll need to allow a way of getting access thro the box to the bend on the flexi when it blocks.

And put some support under the joints to stop them pulling apart.

FloPlast Extension Piece SP104 | NoLinkingToThis (take the seal off and cut it down the other end if required.

Plus

FloPlast SP101 Straight Connector | NoLinkingToThis

Many thanks for all the replies.

Snowhead, if I've understood you right you're saying I could put an extension on to the wc and connect it to the flexi-connector that I've put in. Have I understood right? I wasn't sure if I could connect another pipe to that flexi in the photo (it has a pan connector on the end of it, can this also be connected to a pipe?)

If I've misunderstood Snowhead's solution, then as an alternative I was thinking of using this longer connector (below), does anyone know if this is flexible. It looks like it is but want to be sure before I buy it.

Toolstation > Plumbing > Pan Connectors > Jollyflex Extendable Finned Pan Connector

It is the stack but I'm reluctant to touch it as I'm not a pro just a keen diyer. Hence the flex!

obviously to keen then idea is to sort the pipework then tile when you know it will all fit back after thats what we in the trade call a first fix
if your going to use a flexi into another flexi you should use shorts of 4 inch pipe over the fins to seal on the other flexi

You need a pipe to go in your flexi,or extension piece cut to size,then a pan connector onto toilet spigot

Cut some more floor out lets see what that flexi goes into. You need a solid pipe really or you gonna get lot of problems after. Pull out the flexi and take some pics of the stack so the guys can try and give you a professional solution rather than trying to help you make a bodge job you have to go back to do again anyway.

:iagree: if it's all being boxed in I would want the waste pipe solid and securely fixed.
looks like there would be enough room to fit a bend coming up ( presuming the flexi is connected into a branch just under floor level )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Relocating Toilet - Help Required See Pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock