Discuss Reliability of fault codes potterton in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Possible all right I suppose but strange that the fault only showed up when both systems on, did you note the flow gauge readings on the UFH manifold?
Is the cap on the automatic air vent on the (right side) of the flow manifold open, if not open it, release any air, close it again and test regularly for air.

Possible all right I suppose but strange that the fault only showed up when both systems on, did you note the flow gauge readings on the UFH manifold?

I haven't done that yet John. I've also not tried Shauns suggestion. It's been a busy weekend as I was hoping the plasterer was coming today so I've been flat out getting all the electrics finished ready for him. Cutting out for the sockets / downlights etc, a couple of tip runs and just generally sorting through everything.

I'm not sure the plasterer is coming now though as he's not been in touch. If he doesn't show then I'll stick the heating and UFH on and try and see what's happening.

One of the jobs I did get done was battening and fixing plywood to that wall that the manifold is on (in the photos) so I disconnected the wiring centre and then fixed it a bit more neatly to the wall (fitted a local Switched Fused Spur etc). Got plenty of photos of how it's connected so planning on trying to find the manual and get my head around all that to make sure it's connected up correctly etc.

The plumber did say that I needed to "let him finish it" (basically, stop worrying about it until it's all done) so I'm assuming that he's aware that it needs balancing and that there's still stuff to do on it. :)

Reply to Reliability of fault codes potterton in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The burner reading is fine. The fault is intermittent, sometimes the boiler won't ignite on either hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock