Discuss Reliability of fault codes potterton in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 113501

HELP!,,,, E125 error code
Been trying to get to the bottom of problem with potterton titanium 40.
keep getting e125 which is circulation fault ( primary circuit). Fault is intermittent.
Thought about system flush but seem am reluctant as
all rads are red hot. Return pipe also hot.
Fault generally becomes noticeable when hot water is drawn off and then just runs cold.
May also happen when just on heating mode but not sure if this is triggered by water being drawn off while the heating is on, that locks up
again giving E125. can usually get it to reset ok but usually goes again same day.
sometimes can go a week or more without problem

have done the following with no success:

Back In December drained system down. (water was a bit black but no sludge) , ran system cleaner for few hours.
then drained off. Flushed. fit inhibitor and refilled. Next day got e125 but was then ok for about 8 weeks. Rads still all getting hot enough

Renewed C H temp sensor and safety thermostat.
Pump appeared to be a bit ‘sticky’ so fitted new one
Removed and cleaned 3 way valve and fitted new diverted valve ( didn’t really need cleaning)
Removed and checked flow pipe from burner to 3 way diverted valve. Was clean.
Removed and flushed plate heat exchange ( was clean anyway! Great flow on DHW side and primary circuit when using hose pipe on it)
As fault appears intermittent also ran it with a new pcb. Still got same e125 code so refitted original.

Back to square one!,

any pointers will be appreciated.

circ problem may be detected by primary flow/return temp sensors so if still flagging alarm after renewing circ pump perhaps one of these sensors, if return sensor fitted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies @John.g and @Undertrained

My particularly problem is slightly different than the OP. I have a Baxi Platinum combi boiler. Working fine until I had wet UFH fitted.
If I just turn on UFH then it runs fine. If I turn on the radiators as well then I get E125 circ fault.
If I turn off the UFH then radiators work fine. So it's just a problem with both of them on.

Sounded very similar to the original post that I found during a bit of Googling so wondered if his answer would help lead me to sorting my problem. :)

Thanks for the replies @John.g and @Undertrained

My particularly problem is slightly different than the OP. I have a Baxi Platinum combi boiler. Working fine until I had wet UFH fitted.
If I just turn on UFH then it runs fine. If I turn on the radiators as well then I get E125 circ fault.
If I turn off the UFH then radiators work fine. So it's just a problem with both of them on.

Sounded very similar to the original post that I found during a bit of Googling so wondered if his answer would help lead me to sorting my problem. :)
I suppose this is why threads shouldn’t be hijacked 😉 It’ll still be a circulation issue, perhaps the pump isn’t capable of the 2 circuits together?

I suppose this is why threads shouldn’t be hijacked 😉 It’ll still be a circulation issue, perhaps the pump isn’t capable of the 2 circuits together?
Yep, was conscious I was hijacking the thread with my last post :(

Was originally just wanting to learn from whatever solution the OP ended up with. But, didn't account for other experts pitching in to help :)

As for the pump, there is a separate pump on the UFH manifold and then the boiler pump itself so (although a good suggestion) I'm not sure that would be it? (although worth noting that you could probably write what I know about plumbing on the back of a stamp!) :)

Some boilers detect the slight rise in pressure when the circ pump starts so possibly a blocked/partially blocked pressure sensor or tubing..
Thanks John G. The boiler was going quite high with pressure previously but the plumber fitted another expansion vessel above the manifold. I'll put on the heating though and see what pressure the boiler jumps to when it tries to run both the UFH and the heating. Thanks for the potential diagnosis :)

Is the boiler pump inside the boiler (system boiler). Did the problem start after the installation of the extra expansion vessel? is it positioned on the flow manifold or the return manifold?.

Reply to Reliability of fault codes potterton in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The burner reading is fine. The fault is intermittent, sometimes the boiler won't ignite on either hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock