Discuss reducing my gas consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now have a smart meter fitted so I can monitor hourly, thank you

Maybe your smart meter is a bit smarter than the old one was :lol:

You have 3 options here.
Get it serviced and checked......£££
Get onto your supplier and get it checked....£££
Buy a balaclava and a big slipper and turn the boiler off :wink:

I should also mention as you mentioned filling baths. Showers are cheaper.

Terrible init ? Had a leccy one took it to bed with me an everything, got really obsessed with my energy consumption, sleepless nights, my sympathy :)
You should switch to all gas Steve. Pipe in a couple of mantles and Bobs yer uncle :wink:

a renovation down here did just that all gas lighting bar a couple of wall lights in leccy!, had to recommission it all after they went bust for new owners, wierd in this day and age lighting a gas mantle to see to commission a boiler! took a while to suss the pipework as 3 x 22mm gas feeds up one wall as well as tank feeds etc. wasnt sure about ticket needed for gas lighting, turns out its the leisure ticket for bbqs etc.

Just a daft suggestion, do you find the radiators are colder towards the bottom?
Should your system be 'sludged up' this could cause the boiler to consume more gas to warm your house, but again this would be noticable...

thinking of all possiblities :)

thanks a good suggestion, I'll put the heating on later and check that out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to reducing my gas consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock