Search the forum,

Discuss Recurring water hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,
For a few years I've had a water hammer in a three storey victorian warehouse conversion. My solution so far was to turn down the water pressure, which works for the annoying sound but my water pressure is not satisfactory.
Recently I've decided to try and tackle the problem, and after reading online I've tried a solution suggested in a few websites (turning the water supply off - turning all taps on from top to bottom - turning the water supply on - then turning all taps off from top to bottom).
Problem solved! no water hammer while the pressure was at max. However, after about an hour and some weird sound from the pipes while a tap in the top floor was on, the problem is back.
Does this mean air is entering the system somehow? if so where should i look for the air leak? and solution ideas?
Many thanks,
Tal

Reply to Recurring water hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock