Discuss Recontamination for electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
I'm new in here so take it easy on me.
Costumer want to install new electric boiler on a small flat just for hot water for shower,kitchen and wash basin .
I never have installed a electric boiler before neither my mates ,
What do you recommend that will be sufficient on this case?
Thanks in advance I will appreciate any comment.

When you say an electric boiler do you mean a hot water cylinder/heater which is heated by electricity for the water that comes out of your taps or a boiler that is used to heat central heating water that could be used to heat a cylinder via a coil ??
Hi Leonard & welcome (we are always easy here, well at least I am !!!)

When you say an electric boiler do you mean a hot water cylinder/heater which is heated by electricity for the water that comes out of your taps or a boiler that is used to heat central heating water that could be used to heat a cylinder via a coil ??
Hi Leonard & welcome (we are always easy here, well at least I am !!!)

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply.

It have to be compact to fit in a cupboard not cylinder/heater.
something like this (Stanton-premier heat-electric-flow boilers)

Leonard, if I understand you correctly they want to install one of these to provide domestic hot water to the flat, you do know that to do this the boiler would have to be linked with an indirect cylinder ? So you might as well go for a directly heated (immersion) cylinder or do you think this produce can be used to heat the water that comes straight out of the taps ?

My thought is to eliminate cylinder to make more room and use that electric boiler to heat the water direct on demand .

No, No these are not direct (instantaneous) electric water heaters, they are boilers. If you think about it the biggest rating you can have on these boilers is 12kW but the smallest gas combi is 24kW & that gives a poor flow rate, so that would be halved or largest electric shower is a 10kW & that only produces enough for one shower not a flat. (& the cable size is 10mm2)
The only option is to store up hot water in some shape or form so it is available as an when required.

Either storing hot water or go for an electric shower and a 15 litre under sink unvented water heater like a Hyco. Enough there to do a basin and kitchen sink and it's only 2.2kw (from memory)

At the moment they have an immersion heater in the cupboard and electric shower,the plan is to clear the cupboard to install an washing machine and install only one electric water heater for the shower,kitchen and wash basin that does not take to much room above the WM.
So if I install that EB Is there any storage cylinder that can be hanged on the wall?
And how big have to be to supply the shower?

The electric boiler is no good for what you want. There is no point in using an electric boiler to just heat water. You may as well do it directly. If you want something wall hung look at Santon R units.

R Units

This will be no good for a shower unless you have a balanced cold water supply though.

Thanks everybody
After some research on Santon website I found the solution ,Is working in Europe so why not in here.
[h=1]Santon Aquaheat Vertical 3kW Electric Water Heaters - 100 Litre[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recontamination for electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock