Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Recommend Kane 504 suggestions in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

any suggestion for a Kane 504 ? I want it for oil and gas boilers. It's £65 every year for cailabration.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

i would go 455 at a min or 458

3. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

If you had a bit of spare money left I would go with testo but that’s my personal preference

4. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

What Testo 327? But are they designed for oil boilers?

5. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Another vote for Testo - had a 327 now got a 320. Does a lot more than just fga if you get the optional sensors, and service costs are reasonable. Whatever you choose buy it from a reputable retailer, got my Testo off amazon to save a few quid and it turned up with European software, took it to Testo service centre and they swapped out the software and issued a new calibration cert for nowt, but cost me half a days work.

6. kozak1968

kozak1968 Plumber GSR

Ive got the 504. Its basic but does the job. I don't use it day in day out so suits me. Like you say its £65 for a service and calibration and the sensors are long life.

7. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Testo 327 is a great piece of a kit. You can use them for all type of fuels , gas, oil lpg whatever you prefer.

8. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

I have only ever used testo not cheap but I think it is the best good design lots of functions, and is multi fuel also with sensors can be used for differential temperature. Pressure testing.

9. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

I'm looking for a cheap but good.

10. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

That`s normally a contradiction !:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Maybe so but when your starting out on your own for the first time there's so many over head costs. I'm sure you can understand mate. I think Kane Are better value for cash than the testos.

12. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

13. gingalig

gingalig GSR

Me too, not cheap but reliable/robust and easy to use.

14. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Me too.

15. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

I have had my Anton for 8 years and it's practically in new condition. If it was a cheapy I'm sure I would have not taken care of it at all.