Discuss Recommend carpet stretcher/knee kicker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys must use'em to put back carpet after a job, looking for a cheapie but goodie. One of those need it a few times a year items for me.

One with adjustable pins and leg is what you need. Something like this: http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/knee-kicker/19665

I just screw a length or several lengths, so you have mass, of carpet gripper onto an old piece of joist; place the gripper which is attached to the joist face down on said carpet and ease with knees or knock joist with mallet carefully easing carpet back into place.

Last edited:
I can't lay carpet to save my life so I advise the customer that I will loose lay the carpet back and they can get a carpet fitter in to relay it.

Carpet stretcher... Come off it... You've gone too far with that! I am a plumber / heating engineer, I put any carpet that I lifted back down & it normally looks pretty good... But if you think I'm gonna buy a carpet stretcher, lol!! No way!

Got a streacher. Carful u don't have spikes right out on old carpet it makes a mess

It's one of those things like plastering when you watch someone do it ,it looks easy. I've got one but the amount I use it ,it kills my knees. Probably takes years for your knees to get used to it. Just shove it down with a clean bolster and kick it other way.

buying a carpet strecher would be like asking croppie to bathe more than once a month, total waste of time imho :)

You'll also need a replacement knee in no time if doing a lot of it !

Carpet stretcher... Come off it... You've gone too far with that! I am a plumber / heating engineer, I put any carpet that I lifted back down & it normally looks pretty good... But if you think I'm gonna buy a carpet stretcher, lol!! No way!

Says it all! Best comment in this topic and wont get beaten!

I can't lay carpet to save my life so I advise the customer that I will loose lay the carpet back and they can get a carpet fitter in to relay it.

I add that into all my quotes under things not covered, some peoples carpets just crumble when you take them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend carpet stretcher/knee kicker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys - I have recently noticed that when the hot water is switched on I'm getting a little moisture on the underside of my Ariston Contract STI...
Replies
Views
Any recommendations guys? I’m looking for a central/single controller which will be located (in boiler room) away from the underfloor heated...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock