Search the forum,

Discuss Real-time online accounts to replace annual tax returns... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
From BBC news:

End-of-year paper tax returns will be scrapped in favour of "real-time" online accounts by 2020, Chancellor George Osborne announced.

The Budget confirmed plans to switch to "digital tax accounts" by 2020, ending the annual rush to file a tax return.

Instead, individuals and small businesses will submit accounts throughout the year via computer, tablet or smartphone.

Mr Osborne called it "a revolutionary simplification of tax collection".

People will be able to pay their tax at any point throughout the year.

They will also be able to spread the cost by paying in instalments.

Taxpayers will be given a login and password so they can submit tax information regularly, making tax bills more closely related to current performance.

The online accounts will show how your tax is calculated, as HM Revenue & Customs also updates information available to it - for example, from employers, pension providers and banks.

Businesses and individuals will be able to link their own accounting software and their bank accounts to the digital tax account, removing the need to submit an end-of-year return and paying an annual tax bill in one go.

The switch is expected to start with five million small businesses and the first 10 million individuals in early 2016.

By 2020, businesses should be able to link their accounting software to their digital tax account, so they can feed in information directly.

People who wish to continue filing an annual paper return will be able to do so.

BBC News - Real-time online accounts to replace annual tax returns

I haven't filled in a paper tax return for years. The option to complete online has been there for ages.

Virtually everyone who uses an accountant files online already. They just print off a paper copy and post it to me so that they can charge another ÂŁ25 for sending it to me.

from what i read they are suggesting you link your system in to theirs

Hmmm.

To us, it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference, since we have to pay Corporation tax in advance anyway. I can't see it being dead popular with small businesses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Real-time online accounts to replace annual tax returns... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My account is very active and sent me this, might be helpful to some? Self-employment Income Support Scheme If you are self-employed or a member of a partnership and you have lost income due to coronavirus, you may be able to claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your trading profits up to a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue with plumbing. In October 2018 a plumber came to install full central heating and a unventes cylinder which was zoned to two floors (Basement and...
Replies
Views
Hi There! It's a great day at Master Blaster Plumbing and Drain LLC! We are hiring Plumbing and Drain Technicians that already possess Plumbing and Drain Cleaning Service experience. Requirements: You must possess the following to be considered for hire; -Professionalism, Honesty, Integrity...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well as a few ads. So read the whole thread please before judging and replying. :) New Ads for logged-in users unless you have any one of the below:- You...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock