Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 460k cooker wont heat up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Ive spent ages today on a 460k with the Nuway rig. Oil pump had gone so I put a new one on (eventually remembered to take the screw out!). I gave the old girl a going over, new nozzles etc and got her nicely set up on both sides. Custard rang me back to say they could hear the burner running and the cooker had got to simmer but wouldnt get any hotter...Ive got to rearrange my whole day tomorrow somehow to re-attend but anyone any ideas? They say it worked fine before the breakdown, and they seem good folk. I just cant imagine what could be wrong though unless the burners locked out and all they're seeing is residual heat.
I did have one oddity - when checking the POC at first, the CO2 was fluctuating between 10.8 and 11.5 ish - this did appear to eventually settle. The air dampener was particularly effective though unlike the boiler side which was very sensitive.

Any ideas you lot?

Fanks

oven stat failed now youve been moving things around, always seems to happen to me that any movement buggers up stats etc and you find out once you get home!

oven stat failed now youve been moving things around, always seems to happen to me that any movement buggers up stats etc and you find out once you get home!

That would be my 1st place to start, a quick stat test while you sup a mug of tea.

We've got a 460K in out own kitchen and the same thing happened and it was a faulty stat.

Just to update, all started working again so custard happy. I did suggest it may happen again.

Stats on the 480s were a pain a few years back, I believe there is a kit available if before a certain serial number.

More probs. sometimes it won't switch in now or just goes off, they have to turn off at programmer (integral) and turn back on. Also limit stat popping out. I think ill change.....my phone number :)

More probs. sometimes it won't switch in now or just goes off, they have to turn off at programmer (integral) and turn back on. Also limit stat popping out. I think ill change.....my phone number :)

feel for you, i had a similar one recently, so I purchased a limit stat, oven stat and boiler stat before I drove the 48 miles there to look, and replacing the limit stat seems to cure it, then I got a call saying it smelled now, my advice was to open the kitchen window seeing as there was no permanent vent and the double glazing was all new. They didnt want me drilling in their nice new Kitchen to pop in a vent and of course they'll buy a co alarm!!!!!!!!! love oil, you can only advice :)

Have you taken the hot plate top off and checked flue ways are clear?

any nice big trees come out in leaf nearby, I had a down draught issue on friday from a nouvelle oil going out, all checked ok but poor flue pull till really warm, then a breeze came along and no flue flue and out she went, 2 months back , no leaves on the trees it had a proper draw, and the flue had been swept recently, bleedin trees they just keep growing and that was my theory. still they have a trim and getting a co alarm(didnt want to pay me for one) for the time being, b all else I can do re advice as no enforcement available!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 460k cooker wont heat up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A challenging and unusual question. We have a 40 year old Rayburn in the kitchen providing heating and hot water. I want to update to a modern efficient boiler but we don’t want to lose the Rayburn which is a feature and I don’t really want it as a lump of cold metal sitting there. Aga have...
Replies
Views
Adrian Rowlng
A
Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker! I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has now washed his hands of the job … the fault is the cooker side will go through it’s prevent sequence, the burner will fire up but as soon as the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a rayburn 499k with a nuway mx burner unit, within the last couple of weeks the boiler side has stopped firing.. no lights on control boxes/ over heat reset trip thrown. Cooker side still working perfectly. There is no attempt to pre purge and no pump/ motors attempting to start...
Replies
Views
We have a Rayburn 460k Nuway burner which is now over 20 years old which has been regularly serviced and maintained by myself and has generally been reliable. However....last week it has stopped igniting on both boiler and cooker. Removed the burner and found the blast tube had gone on the...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, Its been a while since I posted but another B of a problem has reared its head. I'm now 4 weeks into problem solving a lock out issue on the cooker burner only. The boiler side works fine. I have currently replaced all the service parts twice!! once by switching with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock