Discuss Rated people.com? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

truemanufan

What is everyones thoughts on this website ? Ratedpeople.com! I gather that what happens is people sign online to get quotes for work and other plumbers/tradesmen post back with prices! First of all this sounds a bit mental to me! Quoting wok that u ain't seen and secondly isn't this just bad for the trade as it's a bit like a bidding war and the cheapest quote gets it?

already a few posts on here about rated people you shoul do a search

i got bombarded with calls off them when i started trading, but told them wasnt interested as it was annoying, they are a last resort thing for me really

So what kind of thing goes on do they call u and offer work ?

they send you hundreds of texts mostly jobs you dont want, and they charge you to give you the details to go and give a quote

so essentially you get charged for quoting for a job ur not guaranteed to get !

A price war over unseen work? Not a sound business strategy to me. Sick of their calls. Better spend your advertising money elsewhere.

Heard bout it from someone at college coz he on it and said they gave him free Thomson local add but costs him a fortune to use their service! Like u say price war for unseen jobs ! Anyone had any decent work out of it

Its rubbish I did it a few years ago, it is very frustrating paying for the details and then custard chooses cowboy who quotes half as much as you....think about it what type of person uses them, ? answer; people who think that having 5 plumbers compete on a price to swap an inlet valve nobody has seen and wants cheap work half finished by a plumber who does'nt pay tax and just does cash jobs. nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rated people.com? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock