Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiator tail leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Following on from yesterday i have again taken the tail out of teh rad and applied new ptfe tape (more this time), screwed back into rad and hey presto there is atill a very small leak, drips about each hour.

I am lost, should I buy a new tail? the one I have doesn't have the original deep thread so I fear it could be this (its an Altech lockshields with drain) and the thread seems to be like 'dashes'.

Anyway, I think I'll but a new tail, ptfe up, add some LSX. tighten up and hope for the best, I need to get ot sorted as new carpet being fitted in a week!

Cheers

Rocket

As you say get a new tail with a better thread

The joint is made by the ptfe tape being packed between the threads when tightened,so if threads to loose,this makes joint hard to make water tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator tail leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just fitted a new towel radiator in my en-suit. Unfortunately it's leaking from the tail piece you screw into the bottom of the rad. I wound...
Replies
Views
Fitted a towel radiator today, I ptfe taped the radiator tails, and after installation noticed the tails were leaking a tiny amount. So de-fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a new radiator and just getting round to adding the tails. The one with the heat control went on ok but the other made a single...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
A
Both Tiny leak on bot new fits on the metal nuts. Did i use too much ptfe tape. I used 2 wrap arounds. The nuts won't tighten anymore. Could i...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock