Search the forum,

Discuss radiator not heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzgell

hey lads working in a house with a new extension. in the extension is a small 21*21 rad and a 21*77 rad both doubles. they have been takin off a bathroom rad which is piped off 3/4 pipe. prob is they not heating! when all other rads are off they will heat but are kinda slow. big rad was takin off and water run through pipes and both seem free and plenty of water flowing. thought mayb have 2 flows to the one rad but turned off all rads, disconnected big rad and the bathroom rad they connected till and blew pipes and both seem to be connected to the opposite side giving me a flow and return, tried a bigger pump which helped but only very slightly. people holding money and cant think of what can be wrong. house is fed off a tank not pressurized and all other rads seem to work ok. days like this i hate plumbing!!!

hi mate have you checked if the rad is connected to the hot water rather than heating check wether it comes on when the water is on

cheers but def into the heating curcuit. was an old house so heating and hot water was all one and changed about when doing the work to give seperate curcuit. the thing is the bathroom rad that i have connected to heats well yet other 2 dont!

check the valves are open if its an old sytem may be a bit of sludge stopping the flow through the valve

i know it sounds obvious but some vealves can be quite hard to turn

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers yep had valves completly off one furthest rad and water flowing through both rads. water mustnt be circulating but cant see why

turn off every rad except the 2 that are struggling,turn heating full on see how you go

maybe a blockage somewhere then take of rads and connect a bit of pipe between valves see if that gets hot.

turn off every rad except the 2 that are struggling,turn heating full on see how you go
tried that and when do they heat altough not as quick as i think they should but they heat and heat well until the others are opened

maybe a blockage somewhere then take of rads and connect a bit of pipe between valves see if that gets hot.
thats def a good idea will try that tomorrow as have to go back. maybe even with a small rad where the big one is just to see. all floors were done against my wishes before tested which making things worse as cant even lift floor for look see
is it a 1 pipe system, if so your going to struggle
no two pipe system which i wish had never seen.lol.

what tpye of boiler is it,if poss take the boiler stat out and let it boil ,until it really starts banging,any blockage or air will soon clear but be careful ,

what tpye of boiler is it,if poss take the boiler stat out and let it boil ,until it really starts banging,any blockage or air will soon clear but be careful ,
it warmflow oil boiler that was in already. puts out great heat to all the rest. have a larger pump again to try as well so hopefully get somethin sorted. cheers lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator not heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock