Discuss radiator cold on a one pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danny_090

just been to a job where the radiator is warm at the top cold at the bottom and its on a one pipe system. I am going to put a cleaner in the system anything else I can do without powerflushing it

Make sure the valves are clear and the pipes to the rad are short and rise slightly.

yes everything seems ok was thinking of taking rad off then putting a hose in it to flush it thru

Won't do any harm. If there is a std trv fitted remove it as they have too much resistance.

no hasn't got trv on it I think its the last one on the system so wont be as hot anyway. what im thinking of doing is putting a cleaner in leaving it a week while ive got it drained down take the rad off and flush it thru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator cold on a one pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The system is about 20 years old and has never been cleaned. The radiator water looks like tar and several radiators are warm at top and cold at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock