Search the forum,

Discuss Quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

I'm starting on my own and need a bit of help pricing, not done much pricing for bigger jobs before. I've got an idea of hourly rate for smaller jobs but this on has me head scratching a bit.

I need to quote for boiler replacement, moving to boiler new location about 5m from existing, 8 rads and valves inc alterations to pipework. New gas run etc powerflush system. How would you price this, day rate x how many days it would take?

Where in the country are you Dave1? Inside or outside the M25?

Dave, gotta be at least 4K mate, depending on what boiler it is... Always put more time in than you think... if you reckon 3 then say 4... do it in 3 they think your shyte hot other way about your gash.
It's a lot of work... good luck dude :santa3:

I'm starting on my own and need a bit of help pricing, not done much pricing for bigger jobs before. I've got an idea of hourly rate for smaller jobs but this on has me head scratching a bit.

I need to quote for boiler replacement, moving to boiler new location about 5m from existing, 8 rads and valves inc alterations to pipework. New gas run etc powerflush system. How would you price this, day rate x how many days it would take?

Conventianal boiler, combi? New rads and runs? More info required. The prices you charge now will differ massively from the future you. Right now you need to get the work without ripping yourself of to much. Figure out how many days you need, and work out a day rate you can live with. As I said it your prices will change.

Here's how how would.

labour X amount ( how long you think it might take you)

materials ll the material costs would have a mark up

boiler.
flue.
controls
fittings and pipe for alterations.
rads
valves
sundries ( ie flux, screws, solder e.t.c)
electrical cost ( this could be as simple as altering the existing 5 core or complete re wire) don't forget earthing!
update of gas supply.
power flush?
magna clean? ( wouldn't fit a new boiler to existing without one)
gas safe registration.

probably missed something

Conventianal boiler, combi? New rads and runs? More info required. The prices you charge now will differ massively from the future you. Right now you need to get the work without ripping yourself of to much. Figure out how many days you need, and work out a day rate you can live with. As I said it your prices will change.
don't start out too cheap! You will find it very hard to increase your prices.

Yeah conventional to combi, new rads and alterations to tails. exactly right Leo I don't want to be too cheap and do myself over at the same time I don't want to be pricing myself out of work. Appreciate the advise.

Here's how how would.

labour X amount ( how long you think it might take you)

materials ll the material costs would have a mark up

boiler.
flue.
controls
fittings and pipe for alterations.
rads
valves
sundries ( ie flux, screws, solder e.t.c)
electrical cost ( this could be as simple as altering the existing 5 core or complete re wire) don't forget earthing!
update of gas supply.
power flush?
magna clean? ( wouldn't fit a new boiler to existing without one)
gas safe registration.

probably missed something

What's the normal percentage mark up on materials...anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock