Search the forum,

Discuss Quote for residential plumbing renovation project in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am looking to put an offer in on a 2 up 2 down victorian terrace with kitchen and bathroom at back. It has a basci combi boiler and rads in each room but also some odd looking redundant pipe work (see pics)
Please can you give me an estimate for a new bathroom, downstairs loo, new boiler and possibly any extra pipe and replacement rads.
Will also be looking to put new kitchen in
Thanks alot
Betty

Attachments

• House renovation - Caroline 018.jpg
    House renovation - Caroline 018.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 82
  • House renovation - Caroline 017.jpg
    House renovation - Caroline 017.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 75
  • House renovation - Caroline 022.jpg
    House renovation - Caroline 022.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 77
  • House renovation - Caroline 020.jpg
    House renovation - Caroline 020.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 82
go and get some local guys in to quote, what you are asking is far to variable to quote\estimate on here

in more variable if you consider romanian or pimlico and all those inbetween

I know it is hard to estimate but any London guys able to give me an idea please...have to put in offer tomorrow ! Thanks

bit late for quotes if your offering on it in 12 hours, you might be getting ripped off soon!!! croppie was only quoting on the kitchen!

bit late for quotes if your offering on it in 12 hours, you might be getting ripped off soon!!! croppie was only quoting on the kitchen!
Ripped off? the whole London property market is a rip off, as for the 20 -25k I think this is a little on the high side!

if you havent got anyone lined up to do the work now then you better not start making offers as you may well end up paying stupid money to get it done, renovation work requires planing and project management to work to a budget, it isnt easy despite sarah beenie and her programmes saying it is.

Ripped off? the whole London property market is a rip off, as for the 20 -25k I think this is a little on the high side!

Why ask then? I actually think that was conservative!

Especially considering no one's seen the job.......

It will be somewhere between more than you want to pay and less than a reputable company would do it for. As said, these sort of things take planning and not just a simple case of going in blind on a forum asking for a number.

Hard one to call but I'd expect to pay anywhere between 3-5k really does depend on what you want

The actual cost could be anything and depends a lot on what materials you intend to use and to some extend you location.
I think to budget £25k for what you describe is a good guide and as others said it could easily be a lot more or a lot less.

For your very rough budget:
Complete renovation of typical bathroom £8-£10k
Ditto kitchen.
Small WC room perhaps £3k
New Boiler & complete CH allow £4k.

If you are working in other rooms there may be overlap for the tradesmen involved:
electrician, plasterer, carpenter etc...

NOTE: as said we often install bathroom as and kitchens that are in the range of £20k each - it is easy to reach that sort of figure with some nice stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Croppie is in the right area having looked at a property me and the wife want that needs refurbishment I work out it want 18k spent on it and that with me doing a lot of the work and getting stuff at trade prices, plus I don't live in London

You can renovate it, but renovating it will be quite expensive.

1. Did you read the first post and see how much work was required?

2. Did you see the area?

3. Did you notice the date of the thread? Works probably completed by now.

obviously you arent keeping up with the pack with your costings or timeline seeing as this thread is getting on a bit

I did read the description of work and I do think that 25k is not what I'd pay if I were in her position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quote for residential plumbing renovation project in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock