Discuss Quick unvented query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a customer ask about installing one today.

Tested water pressure and flow
standing 4 bar
working 1.2bar
lpm 12-13

I'm pretty new to unventeds on my own. Would I be right in saying that without a mains upgrade I'm gonna struggle to get much in the way of benefits ??

cheers

Yep no chance on that one mate , pressures low but it's your flow that knacks it

Thought as much mate thank you.

Most need at least 20 lpm , 25 and upwards better, I have done a few on just under 2 bar working .

Cool, i just wasn't sure if there may have been a suitable cylinder no worries though. I still have a new boiler.

GAH Duelstream state theirs will work on a 15mm main at 1.5bar and 9lpm, never fitted one though?

Cheers ch4 Not gonna be that great a performance though is it. Shame

Could look at an accumulator I spose

It's an unvented cylinder with a huge accumulator to make up for the poor cold main input, need some space.

That's the other issue. Cylinder cupboard is snug. Was always gonna have to be slimline. May knock the idea on the head before I go too far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick unvented query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi I've read through dozens of threads on here about unvented systems but was wondering if someone might provide some advice on an upgrade we...
Replies
Views
Back