Discuss quick question about wall plate elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reeves1985

Just installed a shower arm to find that once fitted the arm is on a slight angle and not quite square with the wall

Is there any quick way to sort it?

Walls been tanked so I don't want to be ripping boards out

I have enough access to get to the screws securing the wall plate though

Cheers

If the backplate elbow is screwed into timber, normally you can overtighten the screws and pull the brass into the soft timber slightly, loosen the other side first though, then give the shower arm a good shove to straighten it out. If your shower arm is the type with the chrome shroud that's threaded on, then hold the shower arm square with the tiles while you lock the shroud against the wall tightly which will keep the arm square and true.

Obviously that last bit is irrelevant if your chrome shroud is a pushfit type jobbie with an o-ring

You probably should be okay to just ease the screw back on the side that's pulling in too much & tighten the other side a bit.

I've had this happen a few times recently. Ive even resorted to carry a peice of copper solder on to a 1/2" male iron And then putting my level on the pipe. Even with the backplate elbow and support solid I've had an arm look like its leaning. I think you can sometimes just get poorly made arms

Thanks for the replies fellas
the plate is into brick not timber so can't quite tighten into the timber
just shows you with all the planning in the world nothing is ever as you plan as I checked and doubled checked that damn wall plate lol.

I think I'm going to ease the screws of a tad and see if I can pull it square (it's rigid pipework) then see how much it's out by to try and pack it out to fit properly

I think the above poster is right about sometimes just getting bad bits as the arm itself was a part of the shower kit so no doubt will be cheap although it isn't plastic played chrome for a change

There's a lot of play on a compression fitting, or for that matter, a soldered fitting before you connect them.

There's a lot of play on a compression fitting, or for that matter, a soldered fitting before you connect them.

It's a soldered plate so hopefully enough to get it about right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quick question about wall plate elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock