Discuss Quick fix for a leaky toilet waste? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fixed quite a few toilet pan connectors just by doing same, - Tec7 or similar is excellent.
No point in touching a pan that is perhaps old and often rusty screws or tiled into floor, or on close coupled the cistern is a risk of all sorts of issues.
Life is just not worth the time wasted and risk. Customer will not thank you for making it into a big job, only to achieve the same result. Usually just the seal has weakened and not tight to pan spigot. Just shove a flat screwdriver blade into the joint and clean and dry it. Then keeping the screwdriver in the joint, just empty the silicone gun nozzle into the joint all the way around. No pressure on it really, so as good as new!
I used to just use ordinary silicone

Does the CT1 or tec7 dry fast once you put it in ? Would you rather fix it always like that than changing the pan connector?

Sometimes needs must matchless> customer has no money, wants a quick fix to sell or the general state of everything means opening a big can of worms to do the job properly.

Yeah, I never had such a customers just yet ... maybe lucky:D

But I will consider it for an sos help :D thanks rpm

Changing pan often means changing flooring too. Unless you fancy going on a goose chase for a pan that's a tiny bit bigger in every dimension. Pfft...what do I need, ulcers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick fix for a leaky toilet waste? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love to get some expert thoughts on my pressure loss problem. I have just replaced my boiler and radiators to fix a raft of problems...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock