Discuss Quick easy fix or replacement for a leaky pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smeggy

Hello sage plumbists. I'm a newbie with a simple question, so please be gentle.

Ive noticed from the ceiling stain below that the bath is leaking very slowly, so i took the side panel off and could see a slow leak on the bath pipe where it joins the external wall pipe.

For some reason i am not allowed to post an image on here, which is rather annoying, but is it possible to smear something around the leaky joint, or should i replace the bendy tube from the plug to the external pipe?

it's very difficult to work in there as there are pipes and joints all over the shop

Many thanks for any advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick easy fix or replacement for a leaky pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock