Discuss Question for British Gas Boiler Engineer/Plumber? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

J

JasonD

Hi Forum,

A British Gas Engineer has just installed me a TF1 Omega Filter. There are two types of installations - with or without isolation valves. Due to the short length of pipe available he installed the 'no isolation-valves' version of the filter. Now the part that is bugging me is that he installed the filter on the FLOW pipe. He explained that there is literally no room available on the return pipe and although it is best practise to install the filter on the RETURN, it can be installed on the FLOW. I read the product spec and it does suggest the TF1 Omega Filter can be installed on the FLOW but I just wanted to verify this with someone experienced in this field please?

Finally, if the filter is installed on the FLOW, which way should the arrow on the filter be pointing? UP or DOWN?

Yeah, you can put it on the flow, especially if it's the version without valves. Agree pictures would be good, but arrows on pipe fittings normally point in the direction the water is travelling - away from the boiler in your case.

Reply to Question for British Gas Boiler Engineer/Plumber? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back