Discuss Question about Cold Water Booster Set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Gents

I have problem with pressure in my house. Plumber advice my to read about cold water booster set, it is grate solution in that kind of situations i read. I think i will go for one of this device. My question is how do you sizing this to the property, what should i take into consideration. What is the best quality for money???

I’m going to a house where we fitted one. Will,try and film it to show how quiet they are.
Don’t know how to post a video on here tho.

when you do send it via my email will sort it

There is an alternative. Just call the manufacturers and ask their advice. I have never yet been let down by a manus advice re pumping. All ask extensive questions to make sure you get what is appropriate.

I’m going to a house where we fitted one. Will,try and film it to show how quiet they are.
Don’t know how to post a video on here tho.

That's an impressive looking piece of kit, looking forwards to a video without the cheesy marketing music!

eye watering ...pun...price...I would want to know much more about the property before making any advice just yet
centralheatking

What mains pressure and flow rate are you currently getting?

pressure maybe 1 - 1.5bar but i will have to checked, flow rate no idea is it meter?

have dedicated space kind of utility/plant room but is not very much, not for 1000l or more this 500 looks grate and it will fits, but i am not sure if the efficiency will be right or might be to much and i will spend lots of money needlessly

How is your hot water heated??

system boiler and cylinder

eye watering ...pun...price...I would want to know much more about the property before making any advice just yet
centralheatking

What you need to know?

So you need at least 300 so around 400 I would recommend

pressure maybe 1 - 1.5bar but i will have to checked, flow rate no idea is it meter?
plenty but busy till later m6 stuffed again chking

have dedicated space kind of utility/plant room but is not very much, not for 1000l or more this 500 looks grate and it will fits, but i am not sure if the efficiency will be right or might be to much and i will spend lots of money needlessly

system boiler and cylinder

What you need to know?

on website which you gave me, they have 375 or 490 both with 3bar.
is it means i will get 3 bar whole house?

Correct

as well in option for 0.8, 1.5 or 2.6 l/sec
is it mean 0.8x60= 48l/min so 100l bath will fill up in 2 minutes??

Aslong as your pipe sizing is correct yes/ you could

purely theoretically what size of pipes should i have?

Don’t have a clue would need to work it out length fittings etc best get an experience plumber in

ok , before I would specify anything on this job I would want to know
1. heating system full details
2. present water pressure & volume per. min...and customer expectation
3. building lifestyle ..how many people..is it domestic or commercial
4. future plans extensions etc
5. customers intended budget to makecsure we are all singing off thevsame hymm sheet.
then I would produce a specification get it approved, put a fixed price quotation in at proper commercial rates draw a contract up, take a deposit and deliver it in specified timescale
subject to variations

however if the op puts up the info properly we can all have a proper look in my opinion

Rob Foster. aka centralheatking

If you have a good pressure but poor flow, supply partially blocked, leaking or undersized. What size is the Property??? Is it on Gravity System? Tanks in loft & Cylinder???

If you have a good pressure but poor flow, supply partially blocked, leaking or undersized. What size is the Property??? Is it on Gravity System? Tanks in loft & Cylinder???
I agree ...loads of questions before any advice ..no shooting from the hip in my operation....except on saturdays
centralheatking

ok , before I would specify anything on this job I would want to know
1. heating system full details
2. present water pressure & volume per. min...and customer expectation
3. building lifestyle ..how many people..is it domestic or commercial
4. future plans extensions etc
5. customers intended budget to makecsure we are all singing off thevsame hymm sheet.
then I would produce a specification get it approved, put a fixed price quotation in at proper commercial rates draw a contract up, take a deposit and deliver it in specified timescale
subject to variations

however if the op puts up the info properly we can all have a proper look in my opinion

Rob Foster. aka centralheatking

Hi Rob,
1. I don't know probably full details of heating system but i can tell you there is 12 radiators (4towell rails) , boiler Vaillant 30kw, 4 zones (1 underfloor heating) but i don't know why you ask about the heating if i need suite only pressure and flow rate???
2. 1.5 bar, volume i don't know? But i read 18l/min is descent
3. 2+2 family + 2 parents/visitors. It is my house.
4. no more kids:) no extensions. Just sort this house nicely
5. budget i don't know i would like to buy something right quality to money and install my self. I know how to hold spanners and pliers.

Reply to Question about Cold Water Booster Set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back