Discuss Putting a sink on a bathroom stairbox - is it possible?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CarolineRx

Hiya,

I am in need of a new bathroom, and in an effort to make more of the space wondered whether it is possible to put a belfast style sink on top of the box from the stairs (is it known as a bulkhead?)

The box is currently extended upwards to ceiling as a plasterboarded cupboard, but the actual measurements of the box as it is required is 69cm h, 98cm d, 91cm w. I am wondering that since it only contains my combi boiler (at 37cm d) whether I could get a waste pipe plumbed in then sink and then scale back the cupboard to a slimmer depth.

Is this possible/or a pipe dream? Anyone seen this done before (or know of any pics showing how it looks?). Lastly is the cost make it not worth the while??

Any thoughts will be appreciated,

Thanks, Caroline in Leeds :)

I dont mean an actual belfast sink - just the type that go on top of a shelf etc. Sorry im not down with the lingo so didn't know how to describe it except that

Yes thanks thats perfect - just the type I was thinking of. Is is possible/worth it to put it on top of the stair box though?

As said,no reason why not,good use of space,could work out well!:)

Hey just a thought....You could have the waste from the basin come down from the stair box above in copper or brass, forming the banister rail ,so it continue to down the stairs supported by the banister spindles and run under floor to a drain,love it when a plan comes togeather !! :D:p

were's me patent book!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Very clever!

Would it be a pain in the bumthough to put the waste in? Any ideas how long it would take a decent plumber/likely cost (this is obviously just to install waste as i couldnt steal your patented idea!)??

Thnks again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As said,no reason why not,good use of space,could work out well!:)

Hey just a thought....You could have the waste from the basin come down from the stair box above in copper or brass, forming the banister rail ,so it continue to down the stairs supported by the banister spindles and run under floor to a drain,love it when a plan comes togeather !! :D:p

were's me patent book!!

LOL!! Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Putting a sink on a bathroom stairbox - is it possible?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock