Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pump to powerful or faulty zone valve? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Evening folks, got an issue with a newly upgraded heating system I carried out. To cut a long story short, the cylinder in airing cupboard( 200 litre open vent) wilo 25 1-8 pump next to cylinder on an S plan, Honeywell 22mm zone valve for h/w and 2 x 22mm zone valve ( one for u/s heating and one for d/s heating) 22mm auto bypass just after pump connecting to common return.

Right, customer rang yesterday says d/s dads getting warm when just h/w in demand on timer. I nipped round tonight and I check d/s zone valve and its switching over and back again as it should. But hot primary water is passing through d/s heating zone valve when in closed position, I drained down the circs and removed the offending valve and blew down valve whilst in closed position......low and behold it's passing!!

Is it because the pump is too powerful or just a faulty valve body?

The 8metre pump was needed as its a large house with 23 rads.

brand new or old 2 port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump to powerful or faulty zone valve? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock