Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Pulled out washing machine, this is what we found. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. wwade

wwade New Member

We moved in to our house 4 years ago. Previous owners where there for 7 years, and bought from new.

Yesterday we had our washing machine replaced. Couldn't believe my eyes once they had got the old machine out. Take a look at the photo. Shame our washing machine didn't pack up two years ago, house would have still been under gaurantee.

IMG_20190206_101244.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks ok from my house:p:D:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Trusted Plumber GSR

Typical plastic Plumbers.
    Skill level = Zero.
    Care = Zero.
    Pride in work = Zero.
    Speed = Super fast in and out.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I assume it was a new house ?

Sorry this is todays standard, *****.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. wwade

wwade New Member

Yes it was a new build. Too late for me to make a complaint.

6. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

The awful thing is that on paper I expect the people responsible for this have more qualifications than some of the excellent practitioners on this forum. (albeit gained in a matter of weeks). Still, they satisfy the office ****ers so they can tick their boxes that all is well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Shocking. What were the first owners thinking let that go and not complaining or did they have work done?

8. wwade

wwade New Member

Generally the house is OK, built 2007 before I think the real corner cutting started. There are still bits that you look at and go that's poor workmanship, but not as bad as the current lot of new build we hear about.

9. wwade

wwade New Member

Your right it's shocking. Washing was probably already installed when they moved in. Part of the package.

10. Last Plumber

It would be good if you could meet the builder/developer and let them see it, just to ask face to face if they think it is acceptable and if they would allow it in their home?

11. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking that's the boiler condenstate pipe in shot? If so, it looks as through the gradient on it isn't right and needs correcting. (It could just be an optical illusion due to camera position / angle.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. wwade

wwade New Member

I would love to meet them face to face, it's too late now. 10yr gaurantee is finished.

Not sure, I'm not a plumber myself. I came on here yesterday looking for some advice on a leaky tap, then I noticed the wall when I had the washing machine replaced, took a photo and thought you would all be interested in seeing this mess.

The pipe has been bent over. I should imagine whoever ordered the washing machines didn't take these pipes in to consideration. When they came to install the washing machine it would'nt go all the way back.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  13. Last Plumber

I would ignore the warranty. I would ignore trying to get them to pay for the reinstatement work. I would just like to stand in front of them and ask politely what they think. Hopefully, they will be pricked by their conscience.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Digressing a big .. customer of mine bought a brand new house last summer, specified a laminate floor in the proposed office, builders layed it . In October his wife falls out with the floor and wants a carpet . He pulls the floor up and finds the side of a chipboard kitchen cupboard filling a hole in the floor !!! Sake

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

The state of new builds built by the big developers is shocking, I think it has a lot to do with most houses being sold off plan and there only being a handful of builders building most houses. The customers have little control over the process and there is no real competition driving standards up, instead there's effectively collusion to drive thrm down. On the continent there's 70%+ of all new builds that are self builds, it makes a massive difference on keeping standards up imo