Search the forum,

Discuss PRV discharge pipework rendered into the wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Pickwickpick

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So, noticed this afternoon that the same jokers that filled my customers drains up with render (posted some pics in Matchless Plumb's "good or bad idea" thread) have also rendered the PRV discharge from the combi into the wall.

Its a quick fix, just needs the end of the discharge hacksawing off so it can discharge properly against the wall, but I presume this has to be done by someone who is Gas Safe registered? Amazed the he had someone out only last week to service the boiler and issue a landlord cert who somehow didn't notice this!

So, noticed this afternoon that the same jokers that filled my customers drains up with render (posted some pics in Matchless Plumb's "good or bad idea" thread) have also rendered the PRV discharge from the combi into the wall.

Its a quick fix, just needs the end of the discharge hacksawing off so it can discharge properly against the wall, but I presume this has to be done by someone who is Gas Safe registered? Amazed the he had someone out only last week to service the boiler and issue a landlord cert who somehow didn't notice this!

You can do the prv just make sure s it’s back to the wall

You can do the prv just make sure s it’s back to the wall

That's good to know, will do, it was intially installed correctly back to the wall, however its currently 'into' the wall :confused: (made me think of that old Mr Bean xmas episode where he paints his flat by putting a stick of dynamite into a pot of paint :D). Figure the end of the "U" just needs cutting 5-10mm away from the render.

Can you just extend it from inside?

Forgot to take a photo of it earlier, but using a photo off google as an example (I'm Rubbish at describing stuff, especially when this tiered):

The end that I've circled in black is covered in render, the bit with the dotted black line is roughly where I thinking of it could be cut, that way its no longer blocked, but is still serving the purpose of sending the water against the wall in the case of a discharge so as to avoid scolding people? Does that seem right?

Should be fine as long as it points back to the wall. In my opinion. For future reference mate. The PRV discharge pipe comes under some section of the water bylaws I believe.

I know I was taught it has to point back at the wall, but can't for life of me remember whether that was under the WRAS course I did quite a while back, or as part of the gas course I'm currently finishing off, or possibly G3 which I did last year. Although thinking about it, it might well have been covered by them all as there is some overlap.

I know I was taught it has to point back at the wall, but can't for life of me remember whether that was under the WRAS course I did quite a while back, or as part of the gas course I'm currently finishing off, or possibly G3 which I did last year. Although thinking about it, it might well have been covered by them all as there is some overlap.
I have never seen a G3 discharge point back to the wall. But then again they have all been at ground level.

Reply to PRV discharge pipework rendered into the wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Good day all, First and foremost i am not a boiler installer or gas registered, therefore i do not touch this element of plumbing, but i am after the correct advise regarding the following issue. I have had a gas installer who has piped the PRV and condense discharge pipe from a combi...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock